Re: Standing behind GNOME Foundation against Rothschild Patent Imaging LLC.

  Debian has pledged to donate  $5,000.00 to the GNOME Foundation; see [1].

  [1]:
  https://bits.debian.org/2019/10/debian-donates-support-gnome-patent-defense.html

I asked on debian-private and there was a very strong consensus (no
objections) in favor of this step.
I chose to have the discussion in private because I thought that the PR
impact would be better if someone didn't jump on the discussion and turn
that into an announcement before we were ready.

However, this step did have very wide support in the developer community
for the reasons we've discussed in our blog posts on the GNOME case.

If GNOME needs more money later, I am contemplating running a matching
campaign to help them out.
I think I already have the necessary project support I'd need to take
that step.