Re: One-Time Pad Encryption Software to Debian Repository

On 10/15/19 10:24, FinalCrypt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Regularly I get questions from Debian (based Linux) users, which
> FinalCrypt <http://www.finalcrypt.org/> package (*.deb / *.rpm) they
> should install.
> Would you be interested in having the latest FinalCrypt Debian package
> added to the Debian Repository ?
>
> Currently there is no Linux distribution that offers mature One-Time Pad
> Encryption software from its repository.
> Debian could be the first to offer mature unbreakable encryption
> software and of course I would feel honored as well.
>
> Surprisingly enough currently there is no serious alternative One-Time
> Pad File Encryption software besides FinalCrypt.

Hi Ron!

FinalCrypt can't be included into Debian repositories. The CC license
you chose is not compatible with the requirements of Debian (you can see
a lit of acceptable licenses here: https://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses)

I can tell you don't want your software to be modified and hence why the
license chosen but Debian needs the ability to change software so it can
patch software in case of requirements. Not just that, we can't control
if software is being used commercially or not.