Re: Debian and Non-Free Services

Norbert Preining:
>>> It's based on a false premise.  No one is forced to use any VCS to maintain Debian packages.  If you don't want to talk to GitHub, send a patch to the BTS.
>>
>> If one slenderizes about a particular VCS URL, it means it is where he
>> wishes to have pull/merge requests from. Otherwise, what's the point?
>
> Wrong. I don't care for PR, and accept them as well as patches to BTS,
> whatever comes. This is FUD you are spreading.
>
> Anyway, consequence of the whole discussion is that I will remove all
> VCS fields from my packages. I have enough of that.

Huh, why should you do this? We as a project are nowhere near a
consensus to deprecate Github links in VCS fields. Why would you remove
your VCS fields in anticipatory obedience?

And a side note: please accept that others in the project have opinions
that object to yours. Not agreeing with your point of view doesn't mean
that you're silenced or censored, despite you behaving like this. Quite
on the contrary, that's what vibrant democratic debates are about ;)

Cheers
 jonas