Re: Standing behind GNOME Foundation against Rothschild Patent Imaging LLC?

+1

Absolutely in support against this cancerous troll organization.

On September 28, 2019 11:04:03 PM GMT+02:00, Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org> wrote:
Dear -project,

For those not yet aware, Rothschild Patent Imaging LLC has filed a
lawsuit against the GNOME Foundation on the grounds that their
"Shotwell" photo manager violates patent §9,936,086:

https://www.gnome.org/news/2019/09/gnome-foundation-facing-lawsuit-from-rothschild-patent-imaging/

If we can leave the legal merits of this specific case or of software
patents in general for another time and venue, can I seek agreement
that the Debian Project would publically stand with the GNOME
Foundation against this attack on a cherished sister project of ours
and, by extension, on free software in general?

I plan to draft and publish a short "micronews" statement if there is
consensus here.

Regards,