Re: Using Debian funds to support a gcc development task

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 1:38 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> GSOC exist are the very proof that it’s perfectly normal to support one-time development tasks through funding efforts.

I think that the purpose of GSoC (and other outreach programmes) is
(or should be) mainly to grow the FLOSS community and bring in new
people as existing folks leave. Of course the different actors use it
for different things; Google uses it to enhance their reputation in
the FLOSS community, students use it to further their careers, FLOSS
projects use it to get things done that they cannot do otherwise etc.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise