Re: Intent to Delegate: Delegation Advisory Group

On 2019-09-05 11:28, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
Le 29 août 2019 13:33:14 GMT+02:00, Holger Levsen
<holger@layer-acht.org> a écrit :
On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 12:22:35PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
The implication of "delegate" is that these are powers of the DPL.
Looking at powers of the DPL:

  5 Project Leader
  5.1 Powers
  (5) Propose draft General Resolutions and amendments.

I'm not sure why you think this isn't a thing that can be delegated ?

mostly because it's very unusual, usually delegations are about the
powers defined in in 5.1.4 ("Make any decision for whom noone else has
responsibility.") and not about the powers defined in 5.1.X where X!=4.

but you are right, upon re-reading the constituion now, I also don't
see
wht this would be unconstitutional.

thanks.

Doesn't this mean that now it's a delegated power, the DPL can't on
his own submit a GR ?

Why?

It might mean that the DPL can't "introduce or amend a general resolution overriding a delegation that the DPL makes", but that seems like an odd thing to want to do.

Regards,

Adam