Re: farewell

Mo Zhou:
>> [..]
>>
>> Oh, Gnome.
>
> It's a pity that the "software stores" started to think they know
> "what the user want" [..]

Just use XFCE. I ditched GNOME years ago and am much happier for it.

The GNOME design philosophy is clearly chasing after Apple and other mass-market strategies. Let me throw a spanner in the works:

>>> For a volunteer-based FOSS project like Debian,     <<<
>>> mass-market users are a **liability** not an asset. <<<

I'm sure lots of people will misinterpret what I mean here, but it's really just simple economics. The life of a project like Debian lives off of incoming contributions, not incoming support requests. And certainly it is possible to convert mass-market users into productive contributors, but everyone starts off being a (concrete, short-term) liability to the project.

GPG: ed25519/56034877E1F87C35
GPG: rsa4096/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
https://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git