Re: Pride Month Discussion has Run its Course

On July 6, 2019 6:00:58 PM UTC, Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org> wrote:

>and
>> > Thats possible, but imho not a reason to kill the thread.
>>
>> It is a very good reason to do so, and its sad that our listmasters
>> aren't more active in shutting down threads that repeat and repeat
>and
>> repeat all the same things ever again, every other month.
>> It would save so much energy that could be used so much more useful.
>>
>> Same as getting rid of the "all lists are open" thing, something that
>> was nice in the past, but has definitely lost its value long ago.
>I can not do more than disagree. If you don't like a thread, killfile
>it.
>But using censorship, banning, blocking threads you/someone don't like,
>just
>for the reason *you* don't find them useful is in my eyes just wrong
>and is
>some kind of censorship and should not be done in an open project like
>debian.
>
>But that is my personal mindset I am coming from. If such a mindset is
>outdated nowadays and not wanted anymore I offer to resign as a
>listmaster.
>
>Alex - Debian Listmaster

If such a mindset as that is outdated, then I am too.  Please keep up the good work.

It seems to me that if one is open to diversity of opinion, then there's no need for someone to feel obligated to educate wrong thinkers.  That's only necessary if there's only one true answer, so anyone with a different opinion is in need of reeducation.

Scott K