Re: Debian supports pridemonth?

Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> writes:

> Why should Debian honor people in the US of one specific race?

Because they are part of our community and the gesture would be meaningful
to them.  To me, this is like asking why Debian should be acknowledge the
death of a contributor, or why Debian should congratulate a project member
on a major life milestone, or celebrate a project member winning an award.

We do things like this because we are not a computer program.  We are a
community of living, breathing people who care about each other and who
want to celebrate and support and welcome each other.

> It might make sense for you to honor them inside your country, but for
> the other 95% of the population of this planet they are just people with
> the privilege of living in the US.

They are Debian project members.  That's the part that matters.