Re: future of the Debian Party Line mumble server?

Quoting Paul Wise (2019-06-13 06:07:52)
> The Debian Party Line was a mumble server run by Joey Hess and an
> associated ikiwiki page with details about how to connect to it. It
> was used for voice communication for events like Debian release
> parties.
>
> https://debian-party-line.branchable.com/
>
> Due to the coming release of Debian buster I noticed that it was no
> longer operational and I learnt from Joey that he shut down the server
> in 2017 as he was no longer using it and no longer administering it.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartyBuster?action=recall&rev=3#Debian_Party_Line
> https://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartyBuster?action=diff&rev1=3&rev2=4
>
> Is anyone else interesting in setting up a new mumble server for
> Debian, ensuring that is used appropriately and advertising that it is
> available for Debian related purposes?
>
> I've vacated the mumble.debian.net for whoever wants to run it.
>
> I'd suggest that the ikiwiki page be moved to wiki.debian.org and the
> branchable page be redirected to the Debian wiki.

I find it sensible for the RTC team administrate a mumble instance.

I have grabbed mumble.debian.net and hope others in the RTC team will
help run it.  For now it points to a Mumble instance of mine...

If you - yes you reading this! - has a special interest in Mumble or
maybe even some experience running and/or tuning it, please consider
joining the RTC team: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/RTC

Thanks, Paul,

 - Jonas