Re: Accessibility of Ledger Reports

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 03:36:09PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Well, in general, people are trying to share these reports in email, so
> I'm not quite sure how that would work.
>
> But yes, GUIs or web UIs do work fairly well for this.

Can you check if Fava (a web UI for beancount) works well for you? There
is a demo link on the project homepage:

  https://beancount.github.io/fava/

I'm asking because together with Martin we have a very effective bridge
from ledger to beancount, so that might be another viable option to
access Debian-reported ledger reports. (It's, in fact, also my preferred
solution for browsing my family ledger books.)

Cheers

PS if, OTOH, you want to give it a try locally:

  apt install ledger2beancount python3-fava

--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack@upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o