Re: permissions

Hi Semih,

Best,
Omer

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 9:53 AM Semih Özlem <semozl@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I have a problem regarding why debian live installers wont work on a specific machine the processor is intel i3 7th generation

who should I address the question to/ and to be able to run debian what specifications should I look into in choosing a machine

thank you

semih ozlem

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 4:52 PM Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 02:34:30PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Roberto C. Sánchez writes ("Re: permissions"):
> > On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 01:40:49PM +0200, nourdebian2016@tutanota.com wrote:
> > >    Hi
> > >    We thank you very much for your efforts and great achievements.
> > >    I have a problem I want to solve.
> > >    I have created another group and want to prevent it from connecting to the
> > >    whole machine except for one program either through the firewall or
> > >    through the permissions.
> > >
> > >    I tried using chmod and removed the execute from the others but the result
> > >    was as if I removed the execution from the user who is me.
> > >    What is the solution ?
> > >    Is there a firewall solution at the software level? what is it ?
> > >    Is there a solution using permissions?
> > >    Thank you
> >
> > To do what you describe requires a mandatory access control system
> > (SELinux and AppArmor are two popular choices).
>
> I don't think this is correct.  For traffic originating with local
> processes, iptables rules can select on uid and gid.

I interpreted "connecting to the whole machine" as including users
logged in locally.

> But this
> question belongs on -user.

It certainly does.  My apologies for not redirecting appropriately.  It
seems that I have -user and -project mail going into the same folder and
I failed to take note of it previously.

Regards,

-Roberto

--