Re: Realizing Good Ideas with Debian Money

Jonathan Carter <jcc@debian.org> writes:
> On 2019/06/01 19:55, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> I very much doubt that our current donation-driven model would generate
>> US $1M per year on a sustained basis, particularly if you subtract
>> DebConf out of the mix (which I think we should, because that money is
>> essentially

> DebConf tends to bring in money for Debian, so not sure why you would
> want to subtract it.

You cut the part where I explained why.  :)  That said, I'm not deeply
familiar with how much of the money that is donated during DebConf
fundraising goes to general project funds instead of to putting on DebConf
itself; perhaps the money is not as earmarked as I thought.