Re: Naming of teams on salsa.debian.org

On 14907 March 1977, Ximin Luo wrote:

> The current team names are a bit of a mess [1], and forcing everyone
> to use a suffix "-team" isn't helping because everyone is picking
> inconsistent prefixes instead.

> Glancing through the current list of public groups, I suggest the
> following prefixes:

Having read this and pondered for a while, i must say I really dislike
it - and do prefer the -team thing more. (And do have ftp-team set :) )

Yeah, the prefixes people chose arent standardised, but I, for one, do
HATE pkg-*, it does look ugly. l10n-* isnt muc better, and the debian
group being there already.

And no, I do not have a perfect and nice suggestion on how to do it
best. Though maybe just presenting a list of possibilities at the signup
page (or on the wiki), to give people a common set of ideas on how they
could go on to name them?!

--
bye, Joerg