Re: Censorship in Debian

Le Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 05:35:38PM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :

> Whether DD -> DM demotions will happen again and are going to become a
> new tool for solving social conflicts is an important decision that
> needs an open discussion where conesnsus is being sought.

Unsurprisingly there are monster threads on explusions on
debian-private.  Parts are specific to some people, and parts are about
procedure.  I am not going to read the threads, because I do not want to
be bound to secrecy about the discussion on the procedure.

I think that this disucssion must be public.  This disucssion can be
done in a civil, slow-paced way that foccuses on exploring together the
pros and cons of multiple directions.  Redoing it from scratch on one of
our mailing lists would be a good opportunity to reboot it in a more
productive and less divisive way some time in January when everybody has
cooled down.

I invite the decision makers to start and lead this discussion.

Have a nice day, and for those who celebrate a new year, my wishes for a
happy new one !

Charles

--
Charles Plessy