Re: UEFI Secure Boot sprint report
- To: Hideki Yamane <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Philipp Hahn <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Steve McIntyre <email@example.com>, Ben Hutchings <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: UEFI Secure Boot sprint report
- From: Colin Watson <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 09:25:05 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Hideki Yamane <email@example.com>, Philipp Hahn <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Steve McIntyre <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ben Hutchings <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] email@example.com>
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 07:50:15AM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> Just a ping question, is there any progress for grub2 package?
> If not, what's the blocker for it?
I had an email conversation with Philipp Hahn about this. The main
substance of my reply was:
I can't easily review this as it stands because it's just so different
from how I manage the master branch. Could you please rebase this onto
the master branch of the repository above? Furthermore, could you make
sure to use git-dpm any time you're manipulating patches against
upstream (i.e. anything outside debian/)? You should never need to edit
quilt metadata in the grub2 packaging directly. Let me know if you need
help using git-dpm that isn't answered by the docs - I'm happy to
Once it's in a suitable shape, I'd be happy to review by way of a merge
request on salsa.
I haven't yet heard back, so I assume it's taking Philipp a while to
sort out the rebase ...
Colin Watson [firstname.lastname@example.org]