Re: Debian Treasurer Team Sprint Report

On 22/02/18 13:33, Hector Oron wrote:
> Debian Treasurer Sprint was held Feb 5th, 2018 in Brussels right after
> FOSDEM2018.
>
> Attendees were Philipp Hug, Martin  Michlmayr, Mehdi Dogguy and Héctor
> Orón Martínez
>
> The following topics were discussed:
>     * Role of the Debian Treasurer team was reviewed. The team is
> comfortable with current delegation however there is currently a gap
> tracking assets (suchas trademarks and contracts signed on behalf of
> Debian). There is currently no plan on how to best track those.
>     * DebConf e.V. status. Planned it's dissolution, it might still
> need about a year before it can really be shutdown.
>     * Annual report. A rough balance and expenses were given out by
> most TO and we are very close to be able to prepare a very first vague
> report on current Debian financial status RSN.
>     * Improvements on how to best gather data from TO were discussed.
>     * Reimbursement process improvements were also discussed.
> Treasurer team had great feedback from Daniel Pocock on the matter.
>     * Hardware acquisition process needs to be developed for Debian
> core teams to acquire what they need.
>     * Annual financial planning. It was discussed that a yearly
> forecast of expenses would be a great to plan ahead so active
> fundraising could be carried on. Debian Tresurer team will work on
> estimating it and advising DPL and TO involved.
>     * Cryptocurrency donations were discussed and we plan to enable
> those for bitcoin donations via Debian.ch, Bitcoin will be
> automatically converted to TO currency instead of keeping such asset.
> Debian.ch is kind to look into investigate enabling other crypto
> currency donations to Debian.

Thanks for all these details

One small change I've made: there is now a table on the Reimbursements
page[1] with convenient mailto links, they try to create messages with
the correct recipient, CCs and subject lines for each type of request.
Maybe people can improve them to add a body template too.

If people like this idea, maybe the table can move to the top of the page.

People can create more bespoke mailto URIs and embed them in pages for
individual events too.

If anybody wants to beta test these links, you could try making a
request to come to the Tirana[2] BSP next weekend.  It could be a great
place to thaw out after the negative temperatures in Europe this week.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/Reimbursement
2. https://forum.openlabs.cc/t/debian-bug-squashing-party/722/45