Re: Wiki defence WAS: Wiki problem

On Nov 22, 2017 14:51, "Geert Stappers" <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 07:36:49PM +0000, bilio90@firemail.cc wrote:
<snip>

Please translate
> Can you do something about the debian wiki, they ban VPNs
into
} The VPNs I use have for some reason a bad reputation.
} I don't gonna tell which VPNs I use, but have to reconsider
} the reputation of those VPNs, so that I can access your wiki.

That is not how a lift of a ban works.

The point he was trying to raise is that that he is unable to view the wiki (read only access) from these assesses.  I did not get the impression from his original message that he wants to "lift" a ban.

I think he is suggesting that it might be reasonable to only block write access rather than all access from known spammer addresses (if it is technically feasible).

--
Eldon