Re: Requesting Debian Live Without GUI

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 11:32 AM, Ethan Grant wrote:

> I'm writing to formally request that a version of Debian Live without a GUI
> be added to the Live Downloads, and maintained going forward.

Your mail should be sent to the debian-live mailing list instead. That
said, since the future of all of Debian's Live efforts is in doubt
because of lack of volunteers, it would be better if you include with
your mail to debian-live an offer to volunteer some of your time to
work on it.

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20170626140821.noixwidcadj4rphr@einval.com
https://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2017/06/msg00064.html

> Here are a few reasons for my request:

All very good reasons, personally I had to switch from Debian to Grml
due to this issue.

> I discovered Debian when I was just 14 years old, and have enjoyed working
> with it for almost 2 decades. I'd be happy to make a financial contribution
> to the organization if it would sway your decision in my favor.

We do not take directed donations, but if you are able, you could hire
a consultant to do the work on your behalf if you are unable to work
on it.

https://www.debian.org/donations
https://www.debian.org/consultants/

--