Re: Emeritus status, and email forwarding

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017, at 23:01, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Ian Jackson
>
> > I think that, with some safeguards[1], this would be a good thing to
> > offer people.  If nothing else people have often used @d.o addresses
> > in Debian work, where the addresses live on after they move on, and we
> > should definitely encourage even an emeritus member to be reachable
> > for answering questions or whatever, as their time and interest
> > permits.
>
> I don't think we should do that.  Once they've left the project, they
> don't and shouldn't have the ability to answer for Debian in any way.

+1 to that. Either you are with the project, or you are not. If somebody
hasn't been active in years, and intend to possibly return, we can
recycle the account name, but he should be probably subject to the
regular NM procedure.

Cheers,
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>