Re: Debian slogan / tag line / emphasizing freedom

On Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 01:27:34PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Some organizations use latin for a motto: how about veni, vidi, contributi?

(I think this is a bit tacky)

Most organizations just plain don't have one. If they do, it's humorous.

I don't have a problem with "The Universal Operating System", and I feel
like this thread is just one huge bike shed if not waiting to happen,
then plans are being drawn up.

I see two options:

 1. No one can work up the energy to care (status quo)
 2. We get rid of the tagline

I vote 1 > fd > 2

Cheers,
  paultag