Re: Any Debian support for CubaConf

On 11 May 2016 at 04:48, Valessio Brito <contato@valessiobrito.com.br> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Cuba + Debian is a perfect match! The realization of CubaConf.org was a success.

Cool. Amazing!

> I made a video to show some of the best moments[1]

Thanks for your efforts in capturing,compiling & uploading the video &
photos too.

At my end, [i.e. Mumbai,India] video is buffering a lot if I play via
web browser using VLC. [over 400mbps+ internet connection of major ISP
in India]
Probably because the server don't have replica in Asia/Europe or OSPF
& caching isn't happened/happening yet in between.  :-)
I downloaded the video & it's playing without any issue. ^_^
Pls upload the video on Debian servers in Europe if possible.

> This email is also a support request for reimbursement for the cost I
> had with the shirts, if possible.
>
> A Cuban could not pay $8 or $5 as I had thought for the shirt. A Cuban
> programmer earns about $20 a month and should pay
>$2 per 1 hour internet.
5~6 years back in India also,we had to pay around US$2 per hour for
internet & so on downloading any updates/patches/new release of Debian
via internet was out of the question :-/
I can imagine, same issue Debian developers/users/enthusiasts in Cuba
facing currently.
I hope they can receive DVD's of latest Debian release via postal
service from South American countries.

Regards,
Amey.