Re: Starting a new localization

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Belkacem Mohammed wrote:

> We are a team ok Kabyle translators. We want to start a translation project
> (localization) for Debian.

Excellent, thanks for your interest!

> Please could you guide us what and how to do?

Please take a look at the guide to adding new languages here:

https://www.debian.org/international/

If you need more guidance on this project, please discuss it on debian-i18n:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/

> Kabyle is a berber language spoken by more millions in North Africa.

Interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabyle_people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabyle_language

> Tizi ouzou - Algeria

BTW, if you know of any local Debian groups in Algeria or other parts
of northern Africa, it would be great if you could add them to the
Debian wiki:

https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups#Africa

--
bye,