Re: questions about audit and budget processes

* martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2016-03-03 13:22]:

(...)

> In my opinion, neither a balance sheet nor a P&L statement make any
> sense and would be far too difficult to create and maintain. We
> wouldn't even know what standard to us. IFRS? US-GAAP? Neither of
> those are particularly applicable to an organisation of our nature.

I disagree on that point based von the following examples:

Greenpeace internationl: IFRS for SME
Medecins Sans Frontieres: IFRS
Human Rights Watch: US GAAP
WWF: UK GAAP
Human Rights Watch: US GAAP

Especially IFRS for SME fits quite well the needs of NPO/NGO
organisations similar to the Debian project.

yours Martin