Re: Mentoring of the Month for woman

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 05:22:48PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > since three years I'm running the "Mentoring of the Month"[1] project in
>
> Great initiative :)

:-)

> > So if there is any woman who is interested in learning Debian packaging
>
> You might want to send a copy of this mail to the debian-women list.

Thanks for reminding.  I intended to CC debian-women but forgot.  I
bounced the mail now.

> > I would suggest to mis-use debian-project list for the mentoring communication
>
> Would debian-mentors or debian-women be more appropriate?

After pressing send in second thought I also considered debian-mentors
as a potentially better place.  I have mixed feelings about debian-woman
for the actual mentoring.  The intention is not to introduce the
newcomer into something that might be considered a closed circle but
rather in the well known channels.  On the other hand I have no strong
opinion on this and we can sort out these details once we have the first
candidate (hopefully soon).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--