Re: Software Freedom Conservancy needs our cash

On 01/12/15 15:17, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Dec 2015, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> Could Debian as a project sign up ?  Conservancy is a 503(c), like
>> SPI, so perhaps we in Debian could commit a modest regular funding
>> stream to Conservancy.
>
> +1
>
> We have troubles finding good use of our money. This one should not
> cause any problem to anyone.

Keeping some money in savings is a good use for money, even if it
doesn't seem like it.  Having a little bit more than needed in reserve
is always better than having a little bit less than needed.  If reserves
were too low then there would be extra stress for people whenever making
decisions about money and at some point that becomes counter-productive.