sharing management of rtc.debian.org services

Hi all,

As we get closer to enabling debian.org XMPP, I've simultaneously been
looking at ensuring there is a team approach to managing the
services[1], avoiding the risk that everything depends on a single
developer or that these things could one day become a burden for DSA.

As mentioned in a previous email, I've requested a discussion list
debian-rtc@lists.debian.org[2] and this will be the first point of
contact for user queries and discussion about RTC concepts.

For people who want to report faults with the service or suggest
enhancements, such as enabling some optional module in the XMPP server,
please use the new pseudo-package in the bug tracker, rtc.debian.org[3]
but if you are not sure if something is a bug, please ask on the
debian-rtc list.

For anybody who would like to be involved in the management of the
services, you are invited to join the alioth group debian-rtc[4] and the
debian-rtc-admin mailing list[5] or just feel free to volunteer
assistance or feedback with any of the issues in the bug tracker.

Please generally avoid reporting issues directly to DSA, except for
obvious and acute issues such as an expired certificate or a port
refusing connections.

All of this is summarized in an RTC team wiki[6]

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://rtc.debian.org
2. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=802493