Re: cdimage?? What should we call it?

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 05:09:19PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>Hey folks,
>
>We called our main installer images distribution site
>cdimage.debian.org a long time ago, when that was all it published and
>most people downloaded images of CDs. Ummm. Things have moved on in
>the intervening years, and this name is looking more silly over time:
>
> * lots of people are using USB sticks
> * we're providing live images that don't fit on CD
> * we're providing cloud images (Openstack so far, with others coming
>   soon!)
>
>So, I'm looking for suggestions. What should we call it? I had
>initially thought that images.debian.org is more generic, but it's
>also likely to confuse people into looking there for pictures... :-)
>
>Please reply and let's see if we can come up with a better name.

Thanks for all the excellent suggestions folks!

As announced at the Debian-CD BoF lat last week, I've made the
decision to go with.... *drumroll* ...

  get.debian.org

The DNS is already updated and we'll start moving over to advertising
the new URLs shortly. We'll also need to update the landing pages
etc. to match - help with that also welcome!

"Since phone messaging became popular, the young generation has lost the
 ability to read or write anything that is longer than one hundred and sixty
 characters."  -- Ignatios Souvatzis