Re: cdimage?? What should we call it?

download.debian.org is very good.

On 19 August 2015 06:08:08 CEST, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Steve and others,

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2015-08-18):
We called our main installer images distribution site
cdimage.debian.org a long time ago, when that was all it published and
most people downloaded images of CDs. Ummm. Things have moved on in
the intervening years, and this name is looking more silly over time:

* lots of people are using USB sticks
* we're providing live images that don't fit on CD
* we're providing cloud images (Openstack so far, with others coming
soon!)

So, I'm looking for suggestions. What should we call it? I had
initially thought that images.debian.org is more generic, but it's
also likely to confuse people into looking there for pictures... :-)

Please reply and let's see if we can come up with a better name.

Thanks, it'd been slightly annoying me over the past few years without
having quite triggered something more than an occasional 'meh' about
naming in this or that conversation.

Looking at the various proposals, those caught my attention:
- get.debian.org
- download.debian.org
- install.debian.org
- installer.debian.org

I like the “action” aspect of the first 3, the last one being a bit
different (yet appropriate).

Mraw,
KiBi.