Re: Survey on Bug Tracking Tools

Dominik George <nik@naturalnet.de> writes:

>  If any Debian contributor BELIEVES that the use of Google, and the
>  like, is a good thing, then the illness lies in the divergence between
>  their contribution and their values, and in that case, I honestly do
>  NOT respect that and consider it harmful.

Please note that there are a lot of shades of feeling about Google between
"use of Google is a good thing" and "I will never use Google because they
are evil."  The world is full of compromises.  Sometimes unethical
companies or poor products are nonetheless the best immediate tool to get
some other job done, either for some greater good or, practical necessity
being what it is, making money to put food on the table and put a roof
over one's head.

Being this absolute can often be just a way of beating up on people who
already have it worse than you do.  You have the luxury of making
idealistic but sometimes impractical choices.  More power to you!  That's
a great way of driving some things forward.  But not everyone has that
luxury, and they can still can provide very positive contributions to the
project.