Re: CD Images

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Dave Turner wrote:

> It’s a mystery to me too.  I just thought I should raise it as a heads-up
> because I do administer DNS servers and am generally well-versed in this
> type of thing, but the name simply doesn’t resolve for me.  and I don’t know
> why.  It’s the only one I have come across that doesn’t.  I use unbound
> internally to resolve/cache DNS.

I do the same and can resolve it but unbound sometimes forgets its
brain, which is fixed by restarting it. If that doesn't work, you will
want to shut down anything that could do a DNS resolution request, set
verbosity to 3 or higher in your unbound configuration and then
resolve cdimage.debian.org in order to debug the issue. You'll also
want wireshark listening on all interfaces and not resolving MACs/IPs
to names to help with the debugging.

--
bye,
pabs