Re: Why are in-person meetings required for the debian keyring?

 ❦ 11 février 2015 11:17 -0800, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> :

> However, it seems to me that meeting someone in person isn't actually
> verifying the relevant identity here. My trust in a Debian developer is
> not based on him holding a particular legal name, it is in his history
> of contributions. In other words: just because I'm sure about someone's
> legal name, I wouldn't trust him to run code on my computer. But if
> someone has been contributing to Debian for 5 years with a specific GPG
> key, I'd probably trust him to prepare a package no matter if the name
> associated with the GPG key actually corresponds to some legal identity
> or not.

Some contributors are in the keyring under a pseudonym because of
valuable past contributions. See:
 https://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2009/07/msg00044.html
--
Modularise.  Use subroutines.