Re: Reminder: Removing < 2048 bit keys from the Debian keyrings

Brian Nelson dijo [Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 02:27:59PM -0500]:
> Well I have a new key but it doesn't have any signatures on it other
> than my own, and I haven't encountered another developer in years to
> have it signed.  I've been listed on
> https://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning/Offers for years (two locations in
> two different U.S. states, even) but have never been contacted for a
> keysigning.
>
> I'm not overly far from other developers--Boston is about a 2 hour drive
> away--but with general busyness from having a family, I haven't found a
> chance to try to meet people in Boston.  The boston-debian-soc mailing
> list being down for years doesn't help, either.
>
> It's not a very interesting story.  It's more about being inconvenient
> than insurmountable.  I've just been hoping some opportunity would
> present itself for an easy keysigning, but that hasn't happen yet.

Right :) I didn't want to out you as "a guy who has a minor problem
getting his key signed". But you asked us to ask you why.

And it boils down to being motivated to do it. I hope this thread
motivates you. In the worst case, I hope most people whose keys are
retired from the active keyring next January will be motivated by the
need (or desire?) to do Debian work without requiring a sponsor. But
each person has their own story.

If you didn't explain your situation earlier on as a hard case (and we
do have some), it's not up to us to get into personal details. Only to
let you know that actions will be taken!