Re: How to add avatar image to BTS?

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 08:56:37AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > I was desperately searching for the announcement how to add an avatar
> > image to the bugs in BTS.  It seems simply adding an image at
> >
> >    www.libravatar.org
> >
> > is not sufficient.  Any pointers?
>
> That should work unless your email address has configured a federated
> libravatar service, in which case you'll have to add it to whatever
> server you use to serve avatars from.

??? This statements opens more questions at my side than its answering.

What I did is creating a login at

   https://www.libravatar.org/

Adding two e-mail addresses (tille@debian.org and andreas@an3as.eu) and
attached an image to these.

I did not *configure* anything neither have I any idea what a federated
libravatar service might be and in how far I would need to setup an
extra server (since I assumed that www.libravatar.org actually is the
server providing the images.

> perl -MLibravatar::URL -e 'print libravatar_url(email => q(andreas@an3as.eu),default=>404)'
>
> is basically what the BTS does, so if that works, the
> BTS works.

I can confirm that this throws 404 for this address as well as tille@d.o.

I admit I feel pretty stupid since so many avatar images are available
in BTS and I seem to have trouble beeing the only one not managing to
add one.  BTW, I have also an image attached to my gmail address.  Could
this be used as well?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--