Re: The proper place to announce GRs (was Re: piece of mind (Re: Moderated posts?))

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 07:30:43PM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
Whilst researching for a reply to a different post in this thread on
-user (the thread sadly spans at least three lists), I realised that
the constitution doesn't say where GRs should be announced, and I
couldn't find any advice on the subject in a scan over policy, either.
FWIW, Constitution §4.2.5 says:

   > 5. Proposals, sponsors, amendments, calls for votes and other formal
   >    actions are made by announcement on a publicly-readable
   >    electronic mailing list designated by the Project Leader's
   >    Delegate(s); any Developer may post there.

Cheers,

Ahhh... this is like RFPs and legal announcements - as long as you post it somewhere, you're covered. As opposed to requiring posting in a highly visible place.