Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

Russ Allbery writes ("Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members"):
> I'm not sure there's any need to say something about this, unless there's
> a perception that the TC's process for selecting new members is somehow
> broken.

If we introduce a constitutional term limit, the balance of power
between the DPL and the TC is radically altered:

At the moment, if the DPL says "I will only approve Alice", the TC can
simply say "well we won't appoint anyone then".

With term limits, the DPL can say that and eventually get their way.

Perhaps, though, this is an improvement.  After all if the DPL has
such a struggle with the TC and the Developers reelect the DPL, the
Developers should get their way.

Ian.