Re: Sponsoring a Tails hackfest?

Hi,

On Montag, 5. Mai 2014, Paul Wise wrote:
> Indeed, definitely not the first time events for non-pure Debian
> Blends have been sponsored by Debian, I can see DebianEdu and Emdebian

while some zealous purist still believe Debian Edu ain't a pure blend, I
disagree and have facts to prove it:

Debian wheezy has 17170 source packages in main.
Debian Edu wheezy has the same 17165 sources packages in main and those other
5 packages it has, just have a very slightly higher version (with these
changes being in sid+jessie).

So even Debian Edu wheezy is 99.97% Debian wheezy.

Debian Edu sid is 100% Debian.

So, in conclusion: some myths never die.

cheers,
	Holger

P.S.: numbers taken from
http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux/wheezy_needs_love.html

P.P.S.: and yay for supporting tails too, which contributes greatly to Debian.