Re: Restrictions for TOR connections on Debian IRC channels

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 03:25:28PM +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:
>  Each channel that has the group @debian-ops in it's access list receives
>  a "/mode +b *!*@*.tor-irc.oftc.net". Those who are registered can ask
>  nickserv to provide them with a unique cloak tied to their account, with
>  "/msg nickserv set cloak on". Channels who do not have the @debian-ops
>  in the access list (/msg chanserv access #debian-foo list) would be
>  unaffected.

All,

I've now implemented this as follows:
Channels with @debian-chanop - ban applied
 #debian-qa
 #debian-devel
 #debian-offtopic
 #debian-derivatives
 #debian-newmaint
 #debian-mentors
 #debian-it
 #debconf-video
 #debian-meeting
 #debian-ctte
 #debian-mysql
 #debian-gr
 #debian-dpl
 #debian-soc
 #debian-fedmsg
 #debian-3dprinting
 #debian-security
 #debian-next
 #debian-paultag-fanclub
 #debian-ftp
 #debian-perl
 #debian-multimedia
 #debian-l10n-fr
 #debian-mirrors

Channels with @debian-chanop - ban not applied
 #dw-question - I don't know what this is
 #kgb-devel - not in the #debian-* namespace
 #pet-devel - not in the #debian-* namespace
 #debian-private - Protected by a key
 #debian-bots - Only contains bots
 #debian-ops - We need to keep this open
 #debian-mia - Protected by a key
 #debian-soc-mentors - Protected by a key

I've also tried to check on each channel if there was anyone who would
be affected by the ban who had already joined, and sent a message to
them on how to cloak themselves.

Please note that there are 382 channels total in the #debian-*
namespace, I've only done ones which have @debian-chanop in the access
list. If any channel owners wish to add the above, feel free, but if you
wanti me to take any actions, please let me know as I probably won't
notice.

Neil