Re: GR proposal: code of conduct

Sune Vuorela writes ("Re: GR proposal: code of conduct"):
> Much of irc are semiprivate chatter and socializing and not really
> something that should be available to the wider public.

I don't think this is realistic for channels which anyone in the world
can join.  There are no doubt many people who have private logs and
there would be nothing stopping anyone making such a log public
without our consent.  If we objected we would have to engage in
ridiculous and easily-defeated forensics (and perhaps disruptive
interventions) to try to discover who the "leaker" was.

Is it really the case that making the logs available as public text
files produces too much search engine exposure etc. (which is I guess
the real concern) ?

Ian.