Re: GR proposal: code of conduct

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 02:25:17PM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> With my experience of the last weeks, I can just say: without me. I
> won't public those bans in the public, if someone else wants to do
> that: feel free, but please don't count on me.

FWIW, please note that (at least for me): publishing != announcing.

I think that bans should be made public --- as in: there exists a public
web page where bans currently in effect are listed.  It does not follow
from that that listmasters should mail some public list each time that
page is updated.  In fact, I do think that sending announcements about
new/changed bans is a bad idea, that it reinforces the drawbacks of
publishing bans, and that it gives us nothing in terms of additional
transparency.

Ideally, the maintenance of that page could be fully automated, on top
of the tools you already use to manage bans.

Hope this clarifies,
Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .