Re: GR proposal, Call for Seconds - term limit for the tech-ctte

On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 07:30:25PM -0300, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> > +    6. If the Technical Committee and the Project Leader agree they may
> >         remove or replace an existing member of the Technical Committee.
>
> In the special case that a member is replaced, the new member "resets" it's
> status or does him inherits the status of the one being replaced?

My take: from the point of view of the "replacer" that would be a new
appointment, so to me the only (reasonable) interpretation is that
seniority gets reset, as per the seniority rule in §6.2.

But even if the converse interpretation were to be in effect, the ctte
and the DPL can route around that by doing the removal first and then a
fresh appointment.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .