Re: iso disc

This is not the right list to ask; debian-user would be more appropriate
in future.  But see below.

On Wed, 2014-11-05 at 07:58 -0800, Vanessa wrote:
> hello,
> I've been to 5 different sites, and yours and make 6 total
>

> I can  down load any of the dvd current stable images
> with the exception of
>
> 7.7.0/i386/iso-dvd/debian-7.7.0-i386-DVD-2.iso
>

> it keeps cratering at about 3.9 gig on the download
> is there something wrong with the download
> even the Debian site its self cratered at about the same point
>

> tried HTTP and FTP and no difference
[...]

You will be unable to download files larger than about 4 GiB if either:

- The download directory is on a FAT filesystem (which is the usual
filesystem on removable flash cards and sticks).
- The download program uses 32-bit file sizes.  I don't know which
common programs still have this problem.

(The first DVD image is deliberately limited to be less than 4 GB so
that it can be written to a 4 GB flash card.  This also happens to avoid
problems with 4 GiB limits.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The program is absolutely right; therefore, the computer must be wrong.