Re: Prospective Trusted Organization - Debian.ch

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Lucas Nussbaum <leader@debian.org> wrote:
> === Tax-exemption status ===
>  * debian.ch did not apply for tax-exempt status, because the additional
> bureaucracy and limitations outweigh the advantages at the moment.
>  * debian.ch is subject to tax on earnings if our yearly earnings exceed
> 5000CHF.

For the record, what are earnings? IE: Do transfers in from other TOs count
as earnings? Would donations from individuals and corporations? Do you
expect to need to pay tax?

> == Additional opportunities ==
>
>  * debian.ch has been (and still is) [[http://debian.ch/merchandise|
> selling Debian-branded merchandise]] including the popular umbrellas,
> swiss knives and stickers.

Although of course it is only a suggestion, I've seen guidance that
organizations selling Debian-branded merchandise set aside some
percentage of profits to donate to Debian. Do you do this or plan to
do this?

Thanks,
Brian