Re: Downloading and installation of 8 CDs and 3 DVDs for just one debian GNU/Linux

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:21:41AM +0100, John Smith wrote:
> Downloading and installation of 8 CDs and 3 DVDs for just one debian
> GNU/Linux, its too heavy. Rewrite this Operating System in C language and
> make it smaller than one GB. Thanks.
>

> John Smith

John,

This is probably off topic for debian-project and better for debian-user
but I'll leave this here so that it can be found by others.

If you have network bandwidth: use one netinst CD - less than 300 MB
to download.

There's a lot to Debian - 30,000 packages to choose from. Lots in C,
some in C++, Ruby, bash script, python ...

If you don't have network bandwidth to download packages directly from
the 'Net, then DVD1 should provide more than enough to build a decent
working system with common options. 4.4GB maximum.

Copying also to debian-cd so that search engines can find this here too.

All the best,

AndyC