Re: ECCN for OS

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 07:51:06PM +0000, Archuleta, John A wrote:
> We have a Silicon Mechanics Server with Debian OS that we are shipping
> to Brazil for a climate experiment. Do you have an Export Control
> Classification Number (ECCN) for your OS so we can get export
> documents issued by our company. Thanks-John

Please see this page for some informal advice:

  https://wiki.debian.org/USExportControl

Without wishing to be repetitive, note that this is not legal advice
(and for that matter I am not a US citizen, although I didn't write the
page above).

Debian is a volunteer organisation consisting of contributors from all
over the world; while we have necessarily had dealings with the US
government to ensure that we can export software from US-based hosting
sites, in general companies who are building products based on Debian
are probably in a better position to work out local export control
details for their products as a whole.

Regards,