Re: open source or free software?

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 06:05:55PM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> There has been some chat on my recent blog post[1] and #debian-devel about
> whether the terms "open source" or "free software" provide more correct or
> useful terminology.

It'd probably be easiest to assert zealous FSF support and link to their page
that specifies what language we are not free to use:

    https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html

...wherein we can no longer say "vendor" or "cloud", and are exhorted to
believe six impossible things before breakfast. (Alright, they don't
implicitly state that last bit.)

A more valuable use of time might be discussing the merits of supporting a
ZFS root in Debian.

--
Mason Loring Bliss          mason@blisses.org          Ewige Blumenkraft!
awake ? sleep : random() & 2 ? dream : sleep; -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I