Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf14: Last call for keys for keysigning in Portland, Oregon, USA

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 01:27:28AM +0200, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> As part of the 15th Debian Conference in Portland, Oregon, USA there
> will be OpenPGP (pgp/gpg) keysignings.  If you intend to participate in
> the DebConf14 keysignings, please send your ascii armored public key as
> explained at [0] no later than 23:59 UTC/Zulu on Monday 18th of August,
> 2014.
>
> We are a few days away from the deadline!
>
> Some statistics are below.
>
> · At this point in time, there are 79 keys in the DebConf14 keyring:
>
>       6  1024D

I can think of no good reason to be including these keys in the DC14
keysigning and in fact believe that it is actively harmful for us to be
encouraging people to continue propagating the use of 1024 bit keys. I
hope that all 6 keys are from people who have also generated larger
keys, but even if they're not I would like to request that they are
removed from the DC14 keysigning keyring.

People, move to larger keys. Yesterday. keyring-maint has been banging
this drum for some time. DebConf is the perfect time to make sure your
new key is well linked with the rest of Debian.

J.

--
/-\                             |   This screen intentionally left
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer |               blank.