Re: Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 09:05:35PM +0200, Werner Baumann wrote:
> It looks like this discussion gets somehow heated as could be expected.
>
> My opinion is that it is impossible to decide which DE Debian should
> suggest to its users. Because it highly depends on personal preferences;
> what features are expected and, just as well, what much hated features
> must not be present at all; how the user uses the computer and what the
> user is familiar with.

That's like not wanting to make a decision? As a consequence every
desktop in that selection box MUST be fully QA tested (so release
stopper bugs, etc) and supported long term.

Mageia does this for example (offer choice + tests those choices), but
only offers KDE/GNOME in that choice. Rest can still be chosen, but is
not fully QA tested so they're a bit more hidden.

--
Regards,
Olav