Question on About Page

Hi,

I noticed the following statement in the introduction of your about page:

"In February 1998 a group moved to replace the term "Free Software" with "Open Source Software". They both refer to essentially the same thing."

Why is this? After reading from both locations, I think the statement that "They both refer to essentially the same thing." is not accurate. For example, the GNU definition of free software focuses on the freedom of the users, while the definition of the open source movement uses the word "free" only in the context of money, but never in the context of freedom for the user. The difference may be subtle, but its implications are vastly different. It's a difference in the basic underlying philosophy.

I think it'd reasonable to provide a more accurate statement that communicates the difference in their basic philosophy instead of suggesting that it's only an issue of terminology?

Regards,
-Raymond