Re: Debian dev-machine best practice? was: keybase.io

Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> writes:

> I'm planning to improve my paranoia once I become a DD. For now I run
> Debian stable + backports exclusively on the machine having my private
> key.  Everything else runs in a virtual machine with xpra[1] for X. I
> don't use Skype.

How good is the performance of this for things like Firefox?  I've been
tempted to switch to this model on all of my systems (only running web
browsers inside a VM), since that's probably the largest attack point for
a system that doesn't run services, but I know that running Firefox over
the network is almost impossibly slow and was wary of doing a bunch of
work to get this set up only to discover that the same applies in VMs.